7th International Conference on the Genus Marmota «Marmots of Old and New Worlds»
The Institute of General and Experimental Biology of Mongolian Academy of Sciences and the Commission on Marmots Investigation of the Theriological Society at the RussianAcademy of Sciences are convening the 7th International Conference on the Genus Marmota in Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia) on August 13-17, 2018.
Institute of General and Experimental Biology, Mongolian Academy of Sciences;
Scientific and Organizing Committees:
Prof. Kenneth B. Armitage, University of Kansas, USA;
Adiya Yansanjav – Co-Chair, IGEB, MAS (firstname.lastname@example.org);
The program of the Conference provides agenda of plenary and poster sessions in different areas of marmot studies.
Official language of the Conference will be English. The possibility of translation from Russian and Mongolian will be considered.
The post-conference field excursion to the KhustaiNational Park will be held within the Conference program.
Optional tours to different sites will be offered later.
Registration and Abstract Submission
A complete Registration Form should be sent before March 31, 2018 to e-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on the Genus Marmota will be printed before the beginning of the Conference. Each registered participant has the option to publish an abstract or an article on materials of the report. A language of abstracts is English. Articles must be in English and participants have the option to add a short summary or full text of the article in their native language.
Instructions for Abstracts
Abstracts should include the following:
Text is not exceeding than 3000 letters including spaces; no Figs., no References; name of species and genera in Italics.
Instructions for Articles
Manuscripts should be prepared as follows:
3. Institution/s and address/es.
4. Abstract. Appropriate length of abstracts are 250 words.
5.Text should be typed by Times New Roman 12 pt, double-spaced with 2.5 sm margins all round (including tables, footnotes, references, and figure legends) and not exceeding than 25 pages including tables and figures.
6. Illustrations should be included in the text, numbered in a single series throughout in Arabic numerals and provided with legends. Additionally, illustrations should be submitted as separate files in TIFF format not less 600 dpi resolution.
7. Tables should be numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals. The explanation of used symbols should be typed as note to the end of each table.
8. Acknowledgements. All acknowledgements (including those for grant and financial support) should be typed in one paragraph directly, preceding the references section.
9. References. All references should be written in the text, as follows: “Wilson (1990) states…” or “Wilson (1990: 21) states…” when the author wishes to refer to a specific page, or “(Wilson, 1990)” as the author of a statement. Joint authors must be connected by “&” in both the text and references. When there are more than two authors use “et al.” (Wilson et al., 1990) in the text. If more than one reference by the same author/s published the same year is used, add a, b, c after the year in both the text and list. The references must list all the authors quoted in the text in alphabetical order, without numbers. The names of all the authors should be given, and the titles of periodicals given in full, not abbreviated. For books, cite title, edition (if any), place of publication, name of publisher.
Corbet G.B., 1978. The Mammals of the Palaearctic Region: A Taxonomic Review.BritishMuseum (Natural History), London.
Wilson D.E. & Reeder D.-A.M. (editors). 2005. Mammal Species of the World. A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference (3rd ed).JohnsHopkinsUniversity Press.
Steppan S.J., Akhverdyan M.R., Lyapunova E.A., Fraser D.G., Vorontsov N.N., Hoffmann R.S., Braun M.J. 1999. Molecular Phylogeny of the Marmots (Rodentia: Sciuridae): Tests of Evolutionary and Biogeographic Hypotheses. Systematic Biology. 48 (4), 715–734.
Abstracts and articles should be saved as separate Microsoft Word files. The file name must begin with the name of the first author. Abstracts/articles should be sent before April 30, 2018 to e-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard registration fees are US$100 per person. This price includes participation in plenary sessions, organizing, mail expenses, publishing of the proceedings, coffee breaks and lunches during the conference. Registration fees for students will be US$50. Deadline for registrations is April 30, 2018.
A late registration fee will be applied after April 30, 2018.
Early bird registration, payment before April 30, 2018: 100 US$ (students 50 US$)
Accompanying persons: 50 US$
More detailed information will be provided in the second circular including payment options, accommodation details and preliminary program.
Contacts: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
30.04.2018 abstract/articles submission and payment of standard registration fees.
How to reach Ulaanbaatar:
Flights available from
1. Berlin&Frankfurt, Germany (MIAT) via Moscow, Russia,
2. Tokyo & Osaka, Japan, Seoul, Jeju & BusanRepublic of Korea, (MIAT, Korean Air, JAL);
3. Beijing (MIAT, AirChina) & Huhhot, China (MIAT)
4. Moscow (MIAT, Aeroflot) & Irkutsk (MIAT), Russia;
5. Istanbul, Turkey (Turkish Airlines) via Bishkek, Kirgizstan;
6. Bangkok, Thailand (MIAT);
Moscow-Ulaanbaatar (5 days);
Beijing-Ulaanbaatar (3 days);
KhustainNuruuNational Park: http://www.hustai.mn/index.php/en/
7th International Conference on Genus Marmota
«Marmots of Old and New Worlds»
Registration deadline is 31 March, 2018
Given name and Surname:
I would present:
[ ] an oral presentation
[ ] a poster presentation
Author(s) and institution(s) :
[ ] I require accommodation at a hotel for …….. nights for ………… person(s).
Date of arrival …./08/2018
Date of departure …./08/2018
Прием заявок до 15 июня 2019 г.
Прием заявок до 15 июня 2019 г.
ПЕРВОЕ ИНФОРМАЦИОННОЕ ПИСЬМО
Книга написана на основе геоботанических материалов, полученных в процессе многолетнего, непрерывного изучения автором растительного покрова края, согласно тематическому плану Ставропольского научно-исследовательского института сельского хозяйства Российской академии наук.
План действий на период до 2020 года по реализации первоочередных мер по сохранению степного орла, определенных стратегией сохранения степного орла в Российской Федерации
Приложение 1, 2 и 3 к стратегии сохранения степного орла в Российской Федерации
© 2010-2015 Сохранение степей России