NGO Siberian Environmental Center
SibEcoCenter – interregional charitable NGO created in 1999.
- The pristine nature: the study of pristine ecosystems and vulnerable species in Southern Siberia and Eastern Kazakhstan, identification and monitoring of important bird and plant territories.
- Special protected natural territories: participation in the planning and creation of the network of territories, long-term support and help in securing the functioning of the system.
- Protection of the civil rights: Protecting the health of natural ecosystems against industrial and construction projects and unsustainable natural resource use.
- Societal control: Monitoring the observance of laws in relation to nature conservation, water resource and forest resource use and of the condition of the vulnerable territories.
- Trade control: Monitoring and counteracting the illegal sale of plants and animals in Southern Siberia.
- Environmental education: Educational environmental programmes for children and adults, public actions and campaigns, promoting the quality of government officials working with the issues of nature conservation.
- Coordination of the nature conservation movement: Organization of seminars and conferences, publications, websites, the coordinating center in the Southern Siberia for all-Russian and international networks for nature conservation organizations.
630090 Novosibirsk, Ak. Koptyuga str., 1-А, for letters – Russia 630090 Novosibirsk, P.O.Box 547;
Tel./fax: +7 383 328 30 26; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org